Debt Collection Agencies: E
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA, protects consumers from abusive tactics from third-party debt collectors. This means that if a third-party debt collector violates your rights, you might be entitled to a settlement. One way debt collectors might violate your rights is by asking you to pay more than the original debt.
A debt collector cannot tack on any additional fees to your debt. If a third-party debt collector tries to make you pay a “convenience fee” or an additional charge for its services, or tries to make you pay more debt than you originally owed, the collector is in violation of the FDCPA.
If you’re ever unsure how much debt you actually owe, you have the right to request that the third-party verify the debt with the original creditor so you know your collection practices are fair. You will need to make this request within a week of your initial contact with the debt collector
If you have been asked to pay a higher debt than what you originally owed, you should speak with an FDCPA attorney as soon as you can.
Here are some debt collection agencies beginning with the letter E:
- Eagle Accounts Group Inc.
- Eastpoint Recovery Group, Inc.
- Eastern Account System, Inc
- Eastern Revenue
- Eastern States Recovery, LLC
- EA Uffman & Associates
- Echo Management Services, LLC
- Eclipse Receivable Management, Inc.
- Edgewater Consulting Group, LLC
- Edward T. Burke & Associates, PC
- Edward Sloan and Associates
- Elite Financial Services, Inc.
- Elite Recovery Services, Inc
- Ellis Crosby & Associates Inc
- Eltman, Eltman & Cooper PC
- Eltman Law, PC
- EMCC, Inc.
- Emerald AR Systems
- Emergent Business Group, Inc.
- Empire Collection Authorities, Inc.
- Empire Recovery Group, Inc.
- Encore Capital Group
- Encore Receivable Management
- Enhanced Acquisition LLC
- Enhanced Recovery Company
- Enhanced Recovery Services
- Enterprise Recovery Systems
- Enterprise United Partners, Inc.
- EOS CCA
- Epstein, Roth & Associates, LLC
- Equityexperts.Org, LLC
- ER Solutions, Inc.
- Escallate, LLC
- Eskanos & Adler
- ESM Enterprises Inc
- Estate Information Services, LLC
- Estate Recoveries
- Ethan and Associates
- Evans Law Associates, P.C.
- Evans Law Offices
- Evergreen Financial Services, Inc.
- Evergreen Professional Recoveries
- Everett Association of Credit Men, Inc.
- Everest Receivable Services, Inc.
- Executive Financial Company
- Exeter Finance Corp.
- Expert Global Solutions
- Express Collections, Inc
- Express Recovery Services, Inc.